Oct 28, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Major League Soccer’s original TV schedule for playoff matches was a little slim on the national TV end – a fact noted by a few of you.
Turns out, league officials in New York were just putting the final touches on times and such, and wrapping up details with NBCSN, which will show both mid-week elimination matches and one weekend contest. NBC will also pick up one of the first leg weekend conference semifinals.
As we said before, the 18th playoff season begins Wednesday as the first of 10 post-season qualifiers will be eliminated.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference. From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 10
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5