Oct 28, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Major League Soccer’s original TV schedule for playoff matches was a little slim on the national TV end – a fact noted by a few of you.
Turns out, league officials in New York were just putting the final touches on times and such, and wrapping up details with NBCSN, which will show both mid-week elimination matches and one weekend contest. NBC will also pick up one of the first leg weekend conference semifinals.
As we said before, the 18th playoff season begins Wednesday as the first of 10 post-season qualifiers will be eliminated.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference. From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
- Premier League roundup: Tense Saturday, as relegation battle intensifies 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Aston Villa: Stunning finish sees City hold on after Guzan’s blunder 2
- Back in the big time: Watford promoted to the Premier League 3
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0