Oct 28, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Major League Soccer’s original TV schedule for playoff matches was a little slim on the national TV end – a fact noted by a few of you.
Turns out, league officials in New York were just putting the final touches on times and such, and wrapping up details with NBCSN, which will show both mid-week elimination matches and one weekend contest. NBC will also pick up one of the first leg weekend conference semifinals.
As we said before, the 18th playoff season begins Wednesday as the first of 10 post-season qualifiers will be eliminated.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference. From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York City FC 0
- Rumors know no window: Orlando using Kaka to lure Balotelli to MLS 5
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 4