Oct 28, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Major League Soccer’s original TV schedule for playoff matches was a little slim on the national TV end – a fact noted by a few of you.
Turns out, league officials in New York were just putting the final touches on times and such, and wrapping up details with NBCSN, which will show both mid-week elimination matches and one weekend contest. NBC will also pick up one of the first leg weekend conference semifinals.
As we said before, the 18th playoff season begins Wednesday as the first of 10 post-season qualifiers will be eliminated.
The first playoff games are single-elimination matches featuring the 4th- and 5th-place finishers from each conference. From there, the conference semifinals and finals are home-and-away, total goals series. Here is the schedule, with TV information:
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0
- LIVE – Champions League: Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich, Chelsea to Schalke 0
- Report: Sony will not renew sponsorship with FIFA over future World Cup shroud 3
- Wenger says Jack Wilshere has a “big ankle sprain” 2
- Premier League Playback: Should Liverpool fire Brendan Rodgers? 3
- Aston Villa 1-1 Southampton: Nathaniel Clyne secures point for Saints 2