Oct 28, 2013, 8:30 AM EST
The 27-year-old was substituted in the first half, and was seen holding his arm as he headed down the tunnel.
There was no official timetable released by West Ham, but the Portugese frontman suffered a similar injury last year that required surgery and kept him out of action for three months.
Because of the injury pileup, Allardyce was forced into resigning Carlton Cole two weeks ago, and now with Vaz Te out he may get his first start of the season soon.
The biggest miss for the Hammers has no doubt been Carroll, who has not played yet this season and remains weeks away from a return thanks to torn tendons in his right heel.
Carroll injured the foot in both the last game of the previous season as well as in his first day back in training this summer.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0