Oct 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
I know, I know, how is Tim Howard‘s penalty kick save against Aston Villa not in the top five? That’s because their were plenty of other incredible saves in week 9 of the Premier League.
Yes, we’d all love the USMNT ‘keepers to get some love, but we have to share the saves of the week category around at some point because, let’s face it, Howard and Brad Guzan have been putting on a clinic all season long.
So, sit back, relax and enjoy watching some incredible saves from the past week of PL action. My personal fav, Szczesny’s fingertip stop from Mile Jedinak against Crystal Palace as he preserved Arsenal’s advantage. Tremendously strong hands, and a keen eye through a crowded penalty box to keep that one out.
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 6
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 6
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 9
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0