Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
El Diego, celebrating his 53rd birthday, hit out at the ex-husband of his daughter, Giannina, calling him ‘a wimp’ and threatening to take legal action against the City striker.
“He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name,” Maradona is quoted as saying on an Argentinian radio station.
“I spoke to Benjamin [Aguero's son] on Skype two days ago and he said to me: ‘Grandpa if I don’t see you, happy birthday’. I began to cry.”
“In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he [Aguero] says anything.”
After four years of marriage, Aguero and Giannina parted ways earlier this year. The couple has one child, Benjamin, who currently lives with his mother in Madrid.
Despite the unfortunate familial circumstances Aguero is in the form of his life this season at City, having scored 10 goals in 11 matches.
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 7
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 2
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 4