Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
El Diego, celebrating his 53rd birthday, hit out at the ex-husband of his daughter, Giannina, calling him ‘a wimp’ and threatening to take legal action against the City striker.
“He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name,” Maradona is quoted as saying on an Argentinian radio station.
“I spoke to Benjamin [Aguero's son] on Skype two days ago and he said to me: ‘Grandpa if I don’t see you, happy birthday’. I began to cry.”
“In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he [Aguero] says anything.”
After four years of marriage, Aguero and Giannina parted ways earlier this year. The couple has one child, Benjamin, who currently lives with his mother in Madrid.
Despite the unfortunate familial circumstances Aguero is in the form of his life this season at City, having scored 10 goals in 11 matches.
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 1
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs