Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
El Diego, celebrating his 53rd birthday, hit out at the ex-husband of his daughter, Giannina, calling him ‘a wimp’ and threatening to take legal action against the City striker.
“He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name,” Maradona is quoted as saying on an Argentinian radio station.
“I spoke to Benjamin [Aguero’s son] on Skype two days ago and he said to me: ‘Grandpa if I don’t see you, happy birthday’. I began to cry.”
“In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he [Aguero] says anything.”
After four years of marriage, Aguero and Giannina parted ways earlier this year. The couple has one child, Benjamin, who currently lives with his mother in Madrid.
Despite the unfortunate familial circumstances Aguero is in the form of his life this season at City, having scored 10 goals in 11 matches.
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0
- US Vice President Joe Biden to attend USWNT’s World Cup final vs. Japan 2