Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
El Diego, celebrating his 53rd birthday, hit out at the ex-husband of his daughter, Giannina, calling him ‘a wimp’ and threatening to take legal action against the City striker.
“He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name,” Maradona is quoted as saying on an Argentinian radio station.
“I spoke to Benjamin [Aguero’s son] on Skype two days ago and he said to me: ‘Grandpa if I don’t see you, happy birthday’. I began to cry.”
“In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he [Aguero] says anything.”
After four years of marriage, Aguero and Giannina parted ways earlier this year. The couple has one child, Benjamin, who currently lives with his mother in Madrid.
Despite the unfortunate familial circumstances Aguero is in the form of his life this season at City, having scored 10 goals in 11 matches.
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6