Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
El Diego, celebrating his 53rd birthday, hit out at the ex-husband of his daughter, Giannina, calling him ‘a wimp’ and threatening to take legal action against the City striker.
“He’s a wimp, who I don’t even want to name,” Maradona is quoted as saying on an Argentinian radio station.
“I spoke to Benjamin [Aguero’s son] on Skype two days ago and he said to me: ‘Grandpa if I don’t see you, happy birthday’. I began to cry.”
“In my daughter’s next meeting with a lawyer, I want to be by her side. We’ll see who can talk. The next time I want to be there to see if he [Aguero] says anything.”
After four years of marriage, Aguero and Giannina parted ways earlier this year. The couple has one child, Benjamin, who currently lives with his mother in Madrid.
Despite the unfortunate familial circumstances Aguero is in the form of his life this season at City, having scored 10 goals in 11 matches.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6