Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 0
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 1
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0