Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6