Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 4
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0