Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 0
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 2