Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1