Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- Danny Welbeck’s hits first senior hat-trick in thumping of Galatasaray 0
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0
- So much for bad hamstrings, Costa states he’s ready for Spain selection 0
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1