Oct 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Nothing quite like a strike from distance to raise you up a bit on this lonely Thursday morning.
This gem comes from Livorno defender Emerson – as in Ramos Borges Emerson, not Émerson Ferreira da Rosa (in case you are seriously dialed in to the Emerson’s of Brazil scene and needed some clarification) – whose 62nd minute howitzer gave the Serie A side a 3-2 lead over Torino.
An Alessio Cerci penalty in the 87th minute ended up leveling things for the visitors but few left the Stadio Armando Picchi talking about much other than Emerson’s 36 yard bomb, set up by an ankle breaking double step over. Pretty standard really.
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6