Nov 2, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
New York manager Mike Petke, in his first year as a pro head coach, stared down his club’s globally recognized star, Thierry Henry, as the pair clashed during the regular season stretch run.
Was it the turning point to New York’s season, the breakthrough moment that turned this club from an ordinary, “good MLS team” into a Supporters Shield winner and serious MLS Cup contender? CSN Houston’s Glenn Davis says so.
“Here’s a guy that’s really preached that you really have to care about the club,” Davis said. “He had that infamous confrontation with Thierry Henry in the locker room, that nearly came to blows, apparently, and what has happened is that it has galvanized New York. Henry is playing like a man possessed. Tim Cahill is playing like a man possessed, and it’s a New York team that can match the Dynamo’s esprit de corps.”
Here is the network’s video preview of Red Bulls-Dynamo, who meet Sunday in the first leg of their Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0