Nov 2, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
Arsenal jumped into an early lead at the Emirates against Liverpool, as Spanish international Santi Cazorla smashed home a controlled finish in the 19th minute to send Gunners fans wild.
After an end-to-end start from both teams, it was the home side who went ahead thanks to a great piece of skill.
Bacary Sagna raced down the right flank and whipped in an inviting ball that Cazorla first headed against the post before reacting quickest to the ricochet by dispatching the rebound calmly to put Arsenal 1-0 up.
The goal sees Liverpool up against it and is exactly the kind of start Arsene Wenger would’ve been hoping for.
Liverpool are unbeaten away from home this season and despite going behind, Brendan Rodgers‘ men have looked dangerous on the break.
Can the Reds fight back against Arsenal?
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0