Nov 2, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
Arsenal jumped into an early lead at the Emirates against Liverpool, as Spanish international Santi Cazorla smashed home a controlled finish in the 19th minute to send Gunners fans wild.
After an end-to-end start from both teams, it was the home side who went ahead thanks to a great piece of skill.
Bacary Sagna raced down the right flank and whipped in an inviting ball that Cazorla first headed against the post before reacting quickest to the ricochet by dispatching the rebound calmly to put Arsenal 1-0 up.
The goal sees Liverpool up against it and is exactly the kind of start Arsene Wenger would’ve been hoping for.
Liverpool are unbeaten away from home this season and despite going behind, Brendan Rodgers‘ men have looked dangerous on the break.
Can the Reds fight back against Arsenal?
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: Real Salt Lake 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 8
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3