Nov 2, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
Arsenal jumped into an early lead at the Emirates against Liverpool, as Spanish international Santi Cazorla smashed home a controlled finish in the 19th minute to send Gunners fans wild.
After an end-to-end start from both teams, it was the home side who went ahead thanks to a great piece of skill.
Bacary Sagna raced down the right flank and whipped in an inviting ball that Cazorla first headed against the post before reacting quickest to the ricochet by dispatching the rebound calmly to put Arsenal 1-0 up.
The goal sees Liverpool up against it and is exactly the kind of start Arsene Wenger would’ve been hoping for.
Liverpool are unbeaten away from home this season and despite going behind, Brendan Rodgers‘ men have looked dangerous on the break.
Can the Reds fight back against Arsenal?
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3