Nov 2, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Arsenal jumped into an early lead at the Emirates against Liverpool, as Spanish international Santi Cazorla smashed home a controlled finish in the 19th minute to send Gunners fans wild.
After an end-to-end start from both teams, it was the home side who went ahead thanks to a great piece of skill.
Bacary Sagna raced down the right flank and whipped in an inviting ball that Cazorla first headed against the post before reacting quickest to the ricochet by dispatching the rebound calmly to put Arsenal 1-0 up.
The goal sees Liverpool up against it and is exactly the kind of start Arsene Wenger would’ve been hoping for.
Liverpool are unbeaten away from home this season and despite going behind, Brendan Rodgers‘ men have looked dangerous on the break.
Can the Reds fight back against Arsenal?
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 0
- VIDEO: Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 2
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 0
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 3
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 26