Nov 2, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Arsenal jumped into an early lead at the Emirates against Liverpool, as Spanish international Santi Cazorla smashed home a controlled finish in the 19th minute to send Gunners fans wild.
After an end-to-end start from both teams, it was the home side who went ahead thanks to a great piece of skill.
Bacary Sagna raced down the right flank and whipped in an inviting ball that Cazorla first headed against the post before reacting quickest to the ricochet by dispatching the rebound calmly to put Arsenal 1-0 up.
The goal sees Liverpool up against it and is exactly the kind of start Arsene Wenger would’ve been hoping for.
Liverpool are unbeaten away from home this season and despite going behind, Brendan Rodgers‘ men have looked dangerous on the break.
Can the Reds fight back against Arsenal?
- UEFA Champions League preview: Juventus vs. Real Madrid in semifinal, 1st leg 1
- Premier League Playback: Title in the bag, can Chelsea now create a dynasty? 0
- Hull City 1-3 Arsenal: Gunners dominant in first half, cruise past Tigers 3
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 9 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Arsenal (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Five things to look out for in UEFA Champions League semifinals 2