Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Steven Caulker, formerly a fixture under Brendan Rogers at Swansea, has given Cardiff City the lead at home in the South Wales derby.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the Premier League, Cardiff City Stadium has erupted after Caulker’s towering header beat Michel Vorm to the near post off a corner.
Cardiff now lead in a match that saw a first half of two timid sides. The match has opened up much more now, with some early second-half chances for the Bluebirds leading to a more confident style of possession play by the home side.
Swansea will also have to try and respond to Cardiff’s score without Michu, who left with an ankle injury just after the goal.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14