Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 PM EST
Steven Caulker, formerly a fixture under Brendan Rogers at Swansea, has given Cardiff City the lead at home in the South Wales derby.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the Premier League, Cardiff City Stadium has erupted after Caulker’s towering header beat Michel Vorm to the near post off a corner.
Cardiff now lead in a match that saw a first half of two timid sides. The match has opened up much more now, with some early second-half chances for the Bluebirds leading to a more confident style of possession play by the home side.
Swansea will also have to try and respond to Cardiff’s score without Michu, who left with an ankle injury just after the goal.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0