Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Steven Caulker, formerly a fixture under Brendan Rogers at Swansea, has given Cardiff City the lead at home in the South Wales derby.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the Premier League, Cardiff City Stadium has erupted after Caulker’s towering header beat Michel Vorm to the near post off a corner.
Cardiff now lead in a match that saw a first half of two timid sides. The match has opened up much more now, with some early second-half chances for the Bluebirds leading to a more confident style of possession play by the home side.
Swansea will also have to try and respond to Cardiff’s score without Michu, who left with an ankle injury just after the goal.
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 0
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 1
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0