Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Steven Caulker, formerly a fixture under Brendan Rogers at Swansea, has given Cardiff City the lead at home in the South Wales derby.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the Premier League, Cardiff City Stadium has erupted after Caulker’s towering header beat Michel Vorm to the near post off a corner.
Cardiff now lead in a match that saw a first half of two timid sides. The match has opened up much more now, with some early second-half chances for the Bluebirds leading to a more confident style of possession play by the home side.
Swansea will also have to try and respond to Cardiff’s score without Michu, who left with an ankle injury just after the goal.
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 4
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2