Nov 3, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Steven Caulker, formerly a fixture under Brendan Rogers at Swansea, has given Cardiff City the lead at home in the South Wales derby.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the Premier League, Cardiff City Stadium has erupted after Caulker’s towering header beat Michel Vorm to the near post off a corner.
Cardiff now lead in a match that saw a first half of two timid sides. The match has opened up much more now, with some early second-half chances for the Bluebirds leading to a more confident style of possession play by the home side.
Swansea will also have to try and respond to Cardiff’s score without Michu, who left with an ankle injury just after the goal.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes