Nov 3, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
It seems Swansea not only lost the South Wales derby Sunday, but lost their striker for the immediate future as well.
“Michu is not 100 per cent right now,” said the Swansea manager. “He is struggling with some physical problems and, on top of that, he had to leave pitch with another twisted ankle so probably he will be out for a couple of games.”
Michu was substituted off in the 65th minute against Cardiff City. It was the first minutes of Premier League play that the Spaniard has missed all season for Swansea.
The club will now lean heavily on new signing Wilfried Bony up front, who has found life in the Premier League tough to adjust to. The Ivorian has just four starts and two goals in league play to his name this season, only playing the full 90 on one occasion.
The miss will be huge for the Swans, as Michu’s versatility gives Laudrup the option to play him either behind Bony as an attacking midfielder – where many say he is more effective – or up front as a true number 9.
Spurs have Stoke City and Fulham in their next two matches, as well as Russian side Kuban Krasnodar in the Europa League.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1