Nov 3, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
It seems Swansea not only lost the South Wales derby Sunday, but lost their striker for the immediate future as well.
“Michu is not 100 per cent right now,” said the Swansea manager. “He is struggling with some physical problems and, on top of that, he had to leave pitch with another twisted ankle so probably he will be out for a couple of games.”
Michu was substituted off in the 65th minute against Cardiff City. It was the first minutes of Premier League play that the Spaniard has missed all season for Swansea.
The club will now lean heavily on new signing Wilfried Bony up front, who has found life in the Premier League tough to adjust to. The Ivorian has just four starts and two goals in league play to his name this season, only playing the full 90 on one occasion.
The miss will be huge for the Swans, as Michu’s versatility gives Laudrup the option to play him either behind Bony as an attacking midfielder – where many say he is more effective – or up front as a true number 9.
Spurs have Stoke City and Fulham in their next two matches, as well as Russian side Kuban Krasnodar in the Europa League.
- Danny Welbeck’s hits first senior hat-trick in thumping of Galatasaray 0
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 3
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0
- So much for bad hamstrings, Costa states he’s ready for Spain selection 0
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1