Nov 3, 2013, 7:53 AM EDT
With Arouna Kone sidelined by a knee injury, an in-form Romelu Lukaku starts by himself up front for Everton as they host Spurs at Goodison Park live on CNBC at 8:30am ET, or online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
USMNT star Tim Howard is in goal for the Toffees as usual, and he’ll have a 4-2-3-1 in front of him to direct.
On the other end, Danny Rose is unable to pass his fitness test and will not make the squad, with Jan Vertonghen remaining out of position on the right with Vlad Chiriches continuing to get time in the middle of the Spurs defense.
Andros Townsend is fit and starts on the wing after his nasty-looking fall over the advertising boards last weekend. Midfielder Mousa Dembele remains relegated to the bench in favor of Sandro and Paulinho.
Everton are unbeaten at Goodison Park this season, and have won five of their last six matches. Meanwhile, Spurs are victors in three of their last four away trips. Something has to give!
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Mirallas, Osman, Piennar; Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Jelavic, Oviedo, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones.
Spurs – Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen; Sandro, Paulinho; Townsend, Holtby, Lennon; Soldado.
Bench – Kaboul, Lamela, Defoe, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Friedel.
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 0
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 5
- Manchester City 2-0 Watford: Sterling scores, hosts make history in comfortable win 0