Nov 3, 2013, 7:53 AM EST
With Arouna Kone sidelined by a knee injury, an in-form Romelu Lukaku starts by himself up front for Everton as they host Spurs at Goodison Park live on CNBC at 8:30am ET, or online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
USMNT star Tim Howard is in goal for the Toffees as usual, and he’ll have a 4-2-3-1 in front of him to direct.
On the other end, Danny Rose is unable to pass his fitness test and will not make the squad, with Jan Vertonghen remaining out of position on the right with Vlad Chiriches continuing to get time in the middle of the Spurs defense.
Andros Townsend is fit and starts on the wing after his nasty-looking fall over the advertising boards last weekend. Midfielder Mousa Dembele remains relegated to the bench in favor of Sandro and Paulinho.
Everton are unbeaten at Goodison Park this season, and have won five of their last six matches. Meanwhile, Spurs are victors in three of their last four away trips. Something has to give!
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Mirallas, Osman, Piennar; Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Jelavic, Oviedo, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones.
Spurs – Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen; Sandro, Paulinho; Townsend, Holtby, Lennon; Soldado.
Bench – Kaboul, Lamela, Defoe, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Friedel.
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0