Nov 3, 2013, 7:53 AM EST
With Arouna Kone sidelined by a knee injury, an in-form Romelu Lukaku starts by himself up front for Everton as they host Spurs at Goodison Park live on CNBC at 8:30am ET, or online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
USMNT star Tim Howard is in goal for the Toffees as usual, and he’ll have a 4-2-3-1 in front of him to direct.
On the other end, Danny Rose is unable to pass his fitness test and will not make the squad, with Jan Vertonghen remaining out of position on the right with Vlad Chiriches continuing to get time in the middle of the Spurs defense.
Andros Townsend is fit and starts on the wing after his nasty-looking fall over the advertising boards last weekend. Midfielder Mousa Dembele remains relegated to the bench in favor of Sandro and Paulinho.
Everton are unbeaten at Goodison Park this season, and have won five of their last six matches. Meanwhile, Spurs are victors in three of their last four away trips. Something has to give!
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Mirallas, Osman, Piennar; Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Jelavic, Oviedo, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones.
Spurs – Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen; Sandro, Paulinho; Townsend, Holtby, Lennon; Soldado.
Bench – Kaboul, Lamela, Defoe, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Friedel.
- Monday’s transfer rumor roundup: Canada youngster to West Ham, 3-team fight for Coentrao 0
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 1
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 3
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0