Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Has it gotten to the point where “Javier Hernandez” and “unbelievable miss” is a bit redundant?
OK, maybe that’s going a little too far. Still, we have seen so much of this lately, mostly when the man who goes by “Chicharito” has been in a Mexico jersey. His poor performance on opportunities near goal, once a Chicharito calling card, is a big reason Mexico is in a tough spot.
El Tri will start that critical home-and-away playoff against New Zealand next week, with a World Cup berth on the line.
Of course, Chicharito will not be around for this one; He wasn’t called in, which would have been just this side of unimaginable a year ago. At any rate, here is the miss everyone is talking about Wednesday for Manchester United against Real Sociedad, a match that ended in a scoreless draw:
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1