Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Has it gotten to the point where “Javier Hernandez” and “unbelievable miss” is a bit redundant?
OK, maybe that’s going a little too far. Still, we have seen so much of this lately, mostly when the man who goes by “Chicharito” has been in a Mexico jersey. His poor performance on opportunities near goal, once a Chicharito calling card, is a big reason Mexico is in a tough spot.
El Tri will start that critical home-and-away playoff against New Zealand next week, with a World Cup berth on the line.
Of course, Chicharito will not be around for this one; He wasn’t called in, which would have been just this side of unimaginable a year ago. At any rate, here is the miss everyone is talking about Wednesday for Manchester United against Real Sociedad, a match that ended in a scoreless draw:
- Report: Mix Diskerud targeted by New York City FC 0
- Manchester United have two transfer deals provisionally in place – Cavani, Shaw, Fabregas all on radar 0
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 2
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 2
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 3
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0