Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Has it gotten to the point where “Javier Hernandez” and “unbelievable miss” is a bit redundant?
OK, maybe that’s going a little too far. Still, we have seen so much of this lately, mostly when the man who goes by “Chicharito” has been in a Mexico jersey. His poor performance on opportunities near goal, once a Chicharito calling card, is a big reason Mexico is in a tough spot.
El Tri will start that critical home-and-away playoff against New Zealand next week, with a World Cup berth on the line.
Of course, Chicharito will not be around for this one; He wasn’t called in, which would have been just this side of unimaginable a year ago. At any rate, here is the miss everyone is talking about Wednesday for Manchester United against Real Sociedad, a match that ended in a scoreless draw:
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0
- Report: Garcia’s World Cup ethics report to be released after all 4
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2