Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Has it gotten to the point where “Javier Hernandez” and “unbelievable miss” is a bit redundant?
OK, maybe that’s going a little too far. Still, we have seen so much of this lately, mostly when the man who goes by “Chicharito” has been in a Mexico jersey. His poor performance on opportunities near goal, once a Chicharito calling card, is a big reason Mexico is in a tough spot.
El Tri will start that critical home-and-away playoff against New Zealand next week, with a World Cup berth on the line.
Of course, Chicharito will not be around for this one; He wasn’t called in, which would have been just this side of unimaginable a year ago. At any rate, here is the miss everyone is talking about Wednesday for Manchester United against Real Sociedad, a match that ended in a scoreless draw:
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 11
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2