Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Has it gotten to the point where “Javier Hernandez” and “unbelievable miss” is a bit redundant?
OK, maybe that’s going a little too far. Still, we have seen so much of this lately, mostly when the man who goes by “Chicharito” has been in a Mexico jersey. His poor performance on opportunities near goal, once a Chicharito calling card, is a big reason Mexico is in a tough spot.
El Tri will start that critical home-and-away playoff against New Zealand next week, with a World Cup berth on the line.
Of course, Chicharito will not be around for this one; He wasn’t called in, which would have been just this side of unimaginable a year ago. At any rate, here is the miss everyone is talking about Wednesday for Manchester United against Real Sociedad, a match that ended in a scoreless draw:
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1