Nov 10, 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
Robin van Persie has scored against his former club and Peter Crouch has two assists as both respective sides have scored in the first half hour of play.
In the first real chance of the match from Old Trafford, the Dutchman connected on a long-distance header off a corner and gives Manchester United a lead over Arsenal.
It wasn’t even a guarantee that van Persie would play prior to the match as he struggled with a groin injury but his presence has born fruit for David Moyes.
Meanwhile, the imposing Peter Crouch has provided two one-touch assists for Stoke City who have a 2-0 lead at the Liberty Stadium over Swansea City.
He first sprung Jonathan Walters free with a beautiful header in the midfield, and Walters did the rest for the opener. Then, Crouch took a cross from Walters in the box and redirected brilliantly to Stephen Ireland who put the visitors two-up.
With two upsets already in the books this morning, both favored sides in the later Sunday games trail early on. Will we have a comeback on our hands or will surprises reign king on the day?
- Watch Live: Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps (Lineups) 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Hamburg holds Bayern; Newly-promoted club atop league 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 1
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0