Nov 10, 2013, 7:22 AM EDT
Our Sunday slate of Premier League matches begins early, and Loic Remy has scored early in the match to give Newcastle an early 1-0 lead on the road.
White Hart Lane was stunned in the 13th minute when Yoan Gouffran nicked the ball off Paulinho in the central midfield, catching Spurs off-guard and allowing him to immediately slot Loic Remy through the stunned defensive back line.
Remy easily then touched around American goalkeeper Brad Friedel and finished cooly into the back of the empty net. Friedel is in goal in place of Hugo Lloris who is still suffering from concussion symptoms.
The goal is just the sixth allowed all season by the staunch Tottenham defense, but the blame will no doubt lie with Paulinho who never should have allowed the ball to get away from him in the midfield while the team was looking to build from the back.
After Roberto Soldado put a free set-piece header over the bar in the 10th minute it’s been all Newcastle since then at White Hart Lane.
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 0
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 9
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 12