Nov 10, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
With Newcastle already having gone to White Hart Lane and snatched victory with an upset win, we may have more of the same brewing.
A defensive mix-up and a great finish means Phil Bardsley has opened the scoring for the home side at the Stadium of Light.
Milner may have thought he would get a foul called, but the referee Mike Dean let play continue and the goal resulted. Right-back Micah Richards was for some reason sitting in central defense, leaving Milner – a winger – to cover the streaking Black Cat.
It’s more of the same for Manchester City at the Stadium of Light, having lost their last three visits to Sunderland all by a 1-0 scoreline.
City have also struggled mightily on the road, having lost twice away from home already this season.
Watch as Manuel Pellegrini’s men look to equalize, live on NBCSN or online on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4