Nov 10, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
With Newcastle already having gone to White Hart Lane and snatched victory with an upset win, we may have more of the same brewing.
A defensive mix-up and a great finish means Phil Bardsley has opened the scoring for the home side at the Stadium of Light.
Milner may have thought he would get a foul called, but the referee Mike Dean let play continue and the goal resulted. Right-back Micah Richards was for some reason sitting in central defense, leaving Milner – a winger – to cover the streaking Black Cat.
It’s more of the same for Manchester City at the Stadium of Light, having lost their last three visits to Sunderland all by a 1-0 scoreline.
City have also struggled mightily on the road, having lost twice away from home already this season.
Watch as Manuel Pellegrini’s men look to equalize, live on NBCSN or online on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 4
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 1
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5