Nov 10, 2013, 9:36 AM EST
With Newcastle already having gone to White Hart Lane and snatched victory with an upset win, we may have more of the same brewing.
A defensive mix-up and a great finish means Phil Bardsley has opened the scoring for the home side at the Stadium of Light.
Milner may have thought he would get a foul called, but the referee Mike Dean let play continue and the goal resulted. Right-back Micah Richards was for some reason sitting in central defense, leaving Milner – a winger – to cover the streaking Black Cat.
It’s more of the same for Manchester City at the Stadium of Light, having lost their last three visits to Sunderland all by a 1-0 scoreline.
City have also struggled mightily on the road, having lost twice away from home already this season.
Watch as Manuel Pellegrini’s men look to equalize, live on NBCSN or online on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Premier League Playback: Should Liverpool fire Brendan Rodgers? 2
- Aston Villa 1-1 Southampton: Nathaniel Clyne secures point for Saints 1
- Tesho Akindele brings FC Dallas its first MLS Rookie of the Year award 0
- Americans Abroad review: Boyd bags brace, Johannsson heads home (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Southampton 0
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 1