Nov 10, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Non-Olympic, non-World Cup years come and go without the pop and pomp of the higher-profile women’s national team seasons. Still, it’s nice to finish any year without a loss, right?
The United States completed its 2013 schedule with a 4-1 win Sunday over Brazil.
Thus, the win before a crowd of 20,274 at the Florida Citrus Bowl completed the USWNT year with a 13-0-3 record. The program last went a full year without a loss in 2006 (18-0-4).
Sydney Leroux scored twice against the world’s fourth-ranked women’s team, and Abby Wambach continued to build her statistical legacy with a first-half penalty kick, goal No. 163 of her fabulous career.
Here are the NBC highlights from Sunday:
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 6
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0