Nov 10, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Non-Olympic, non-World Cup years come and go without the pop and pomp of the higher-profile women’s national team seasons. Still, it’s nice to finish any year without a loss, right?
The United States completed its 2013 schedule with a 4-1 win Sunday over Brazil.
Thus, the win before a crowd of 20,274 at the Florida Citrus Bowl completed the USWNT year with a 13-0-3 record. The program last went a full year without a loss in 2006 (18-0-4).
Sydney Leroux scored twice against the world’s fourth-ranked women’s team, and Abby Wambach continued to build her statistical legacy with a first-half penalty kick, goal No. 163 of her fabulous career.
Here are the NBC highlights from Sunday:
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: More movement, just not No.1 1
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 1
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0