Nov 10, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Non-Olympic, non-World Cup years come and go without the pop and pomp of the higher-profile women’s national team seasons. Still, it’s nice to finish any year without a loss, right?
The United States completed its 2013 schedule with a 4-1 win Sunday over Brazil.
Thus, the win before a crowd of 20,274 at the Florida Citrus Bowl completed the USWNT year with a 13-0-3 record. The program last went a full year without a loss in 2006 (18-0-4).
Sydney Leroux scored twice against the world’s fourth-ranked women’s team, and Abby Wambach continued to build her statistical legacy with a first-half penalty kick, goal No. 163 of her fabulous career.
Here are the NBC highlights from Sunday:
- West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 0
- Premier League Preview: West Brom vs. Manchester United 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0