Nov 10, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Non-Olympic, non-World Cup years come and go without the pop and pomp of the higher-profile women’s national team seasons. Still, it’s nice to finish any year without a loss, right?
The United States completed its 2013 schedule with a 4-1 win Sunday over Brazil.
Thus, the win before a crowd of 20,274 at the Florida Citrus Bowl completed the USWNT year with a 13-0-3 record. The program last went a full year without a loss in 2006 (18-0-4).
Sydney Leroux scored twice against the world’s fourth-ranked women’s team, and Abby Wambach continued to build her statistical legacy with a first-half penalty kick, goal No. 163 of her fabulous career.
Here are the NBC highlights from Sunday:
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0