Nov 10, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Non-Olympic, non-World Cup years come and go without the pop and pomp of the higher-profile women’s national team seasons. Still, it’s nice to finish any year without a loss, right?
The United States completed its 2013 schedule with a 4-1 win Sunday over Brazil.
Thus, the win before a crowd of 20,274 at the Florida Citrus Bowl completed the USWNT year with a 13-0-3 record. The program last went a full year without a loss in 2006 (18-0-4).
Sydney Leroux scored twice against the world’s fourth-ranked women’s team, and Abby Wambach continued to build her statistical legacy with a first-half penalty kick, goal No. 163 of her fabulous career.
Here are the NBC highlights from Sunday:
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2