Creating soccer-style NFL “badges” … what an idea!

Nov 12, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT

NFL badges

I know absolutely nothing about this unique website, about its origin or its architects, but I know something worth taking a look at when I see it.

So, if your personal rocket ship of interests crosses both of the celestial spheres of NFL and global soccer, then you need to take a look a good, long gander at the site FootballAsFootball.com.

Do check it out. Meanwhile, this is all I have to this little slice of awesome:

• Thanks to SI.com’s Grant Wahl for the Twitter tip on this one.
  • Logos are fine, but badges rock.
  • NFL teams should have badges, even if only to accompany their logos. A badge is like some older, more erudite uncle for those younger, more playful logos.
  • If they ever go this route, this site has done all the doggone work for them.
  1. dfstell - Nov 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I like it, but is they really did it, it comes off as being really poseur. I mean, the reason why soccer badges are cool is because they’re something that has been important to the club since about the time the club was formed. If they really did these, they have about as much authenticity as alternate jerseys.

• Sporting Nerds - Nov 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

It’s a graphic design exercise, you weirdo! It’s not supposed to be “authentic”. Geez, internet!

2. padraighansen - Nov 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Absolute whiff on Green Bay. One of the most iconic primary logos, plus a classic historical logo…..and the give us GBFC vertically? What are they, Vikings fans?

3. pmacd82 - Nov 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Overall very cool, but I’m not digging the G-men’s badge

4. hildezero - Nov 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM

It doesn’t really matter if they have a logo or a badge. As long as they have some type of football related feature. Like a football, goal post, or helmet, but keeping it simple to look cool and creative…

5. wfjackson3 - Nov 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I freaking love it. Though I must say, the Raiders already have a badge for a logo.

6. braxtonrob - Nov 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

The Bears would not have 4 stars.

Week 5: Top five Premier League goals