Nov 15, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The USMNT is all set to go in Scotland, and despite this being a friendly, both sides are out to impress. Scotland are hurting after a dismal qualification campaign, in which they finished fourth in their group. It wasn’t until they were out of the running for Brazil that the Scots started winning. But they did manage to take three wins from their last four matches, including two victories over Croatia. Now, there’s no doubt that the Tartan Army wants to see their men continue to improve, and that starts with a result at Hampden Park.
Meanwhile, the USA are anxious to get their feet under them as they start to prepare for the World Cup. It’s been a fantastic year for the USMNT, with 15 wins from 21 games, and the global game is finally, truly starting to take notice. But Jurgen Klinsmann isn’t about to rest. Now is the time to show that the US have what it takes to compete against the European sides. The USMNT coach might be without a few key players, including Clint Dempsey and Fabian Johnson, but Klinsmann is still intent on using this match to further fine-tune the squad he will take to Brazil.
We’ve less than an hour to go until kickoff, and the lineups are in. What are your thoughts? What’s Klinsmann’s aim for this game?
Scotland: Marshall, Hutton, Whittaker, Hanley, Greer, Bannan, Mulgrew, Brown, Fletcher, Snodgrass, Conway
USA: Howard; Evans, Gonzalez, Cameron, Beasley; Bradley, Jones; Bedoya, Kljestan, Johnson; Altidore
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1