Nov 15, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The USMNT is all set to go in Scotland, and despite this being a friendly, both sides are out to impress. Scotland are hurting after a dismal qualification campaign, in which they finished fourth in their group. It wasn’t until they were out of the running for Brazil that the Scots started winning. But they did manage to take three wins from their last four matches, including two victories over Croatia. Now, there’s no doubt that the Tartan Army wants to see their men continue to improve, and that starts with a result at Hampden Park.
Meanwhile, the USA are anxious to get their feet under them as they start to prepare for the World Cup. It’s been a fantastic year for the USMNT, with 15 wins from 21 games, and the global game is finally, truly starting to take notice. But Jurgen Klinsmann isn’t about to rest. Now is the time to show that the US have what it takes to compete against the European sides. The USMNT coach might be without a few key players, including Clint Dempsey and Fabian Johnson, but Klinsmann is still intent on using this match to further fine-tune the squad he will take to Brazil.
We’ve less than an hour to go until kickoff, and the lineups are in. What are your thoughts? What’s Klinsmann’s aim for this game?
Scotland: Marshall, Hutton, Whittaker, Hanley, Greer, Bannan, Mulgrew, Brown, Fletcher, Snodgrass, Conway
USA: Howard; Evans, Gonzalez, Cameron, Beasley; Bradley, Jones; Bedoya, Kljestan, Johnson; Altidore
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear