Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Young U.S. attacker Aron Johannsson came close early. American teammate Geoff Cameron actually hit the net – although match officials Tuesday in Vienna somehow missed that one. And they missed the Austrian handball on the very same shot, a double whammy of misfortune for the visitors from the United States.
Austria did not miss on its best chance of the night as a series of back line breakdowns left Marc Janko with a rather simple finish from in close.
Here are all the highlights from Vienna’s Ernst-Happel Stadium, where Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup-bound U.S. team finished on the wrong end of a 1-0 result. NBC’s Arlo White and Kyle Martino are on the call.
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4
- Report: Chivas USA to suspend operations for at least 2 years 3
- Stoke City 1-0 Newcastle: Crouch’s header sinks Newcastle, Pardew deeper (video) 0
- Report: Minnesota United’s Miguel Ibarra to get US national team call-up 2
- Premier League Playback: Can Chelsea stay unbeaten throughout 2014-15? 0