Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Young U.S. attacker Aron Johannsson came close early. American teammate Geoff Cameron actually hit the net – although match officials Tuesday in Vienna somehow missed that one. And they missed the Austrian handball on the very same shot, a double whammy of misfortune for the visitors from the United States.
Austria did not miss on its best chance of the night as a series of back line breakdowns left Marc Janko with a rather simple finish from in close.
Here are all the highlights from Vienna’s Ernst-Happel Stadium, where Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup-bound U.S. team finished on the wrong end of a 1-0 result. NBC’s Arlo White and Kyle Martino are on the call.
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Blues maintain five-point lead atop table 1