Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Young U.S. attacker Aron Johannsson came close early. American teammate Geoff Cameron actually hit the net – although match officials Tuesday in Vienna somehow missed that one. And they missed the Austrian handball on the very same shot, a double whammy of misfortune for the visitors from the United States.
Austria did not miss on its best chance of the night as a series of back line breakdowns left Marc Janko with a rather simple finish from in close.
Here are all the highlights from Vienna’s Ernst-Happel Stadium, where Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup-bound U.S. team finished on the wrong end of a 1-0 result. NBC’s Arlo White and Kyle Martino are on the call.
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 0
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 0
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 3
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 3