Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Young U.S. attacker Aron Johannsson came close early. American teammate Geoff Cameron actually hit the net – although match officials Tuesday in Vienna somehow missed that one. And they missed the Austrian handball on the very same shot, a double whammy of misfortune for the visitors from the United States.
Austria did not miss on its best chance of the night as a series of back line breakdowns left Marc Janko with a rather simple finish from in close.
Here are all the highlights from Vienna’s Ernst-Happel Stadium, where Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup-bound U.S. team finished on the wrong end of a 1-0 result. NBC’s Arlo White and Kyle Martino are on the call.
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 0
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 6
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 12