Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Young U.S. attacker Aron Johannsson came close early. American teammate Geoff Cameron actually hit the net – although match officials Tuesday in Vienna somehow missed that one. And they missed the Austrian handball on the very same shot, a double whammy of misfortune for the visitors from the United States.
Austria did not miss on its best chance of the night as a series of back line breakdowns left Marc Janko with a rather simple finish from in close.
Here are all the highlights from Vienna’s Ernst-Happel Stadium, where Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup-bound U.S. team finished on the wrong end of a 1-0 result. NBC’s Arlo White and Kyle Martino are on the call.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0