Nov 20, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
This is just sublime… and will also give you a bit of a headache. But man, it’s worth it.
In case you missed it, (really?) on Tuesday night Cristiano Ronaldo won his personal battle with Sweden’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he hammered home a hat trick and scored all four of Portugal’s goals in their 4-2 aggregate win over Sweden to reach the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
And it was just all too much to handle for Antena 1’s Nuno Matos, as the Portuguese announcer well and truly lost the plot as he witnessed Ronaldo single-handedly dragging his team to the finals in Brazil.
Obrigado Nuno. This piece of commentary is an absolute gem and one that will live long in the memory.
Ladies and gentleman, watch above and listen to a grown man screech, holler and bellow with delight as Portugal booked their spot in next summers World Cup.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 0
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 4
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 9
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 4
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8