Nov 20, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
This is just sublime… and will also give you a bit of a headache. But man, it’s worth it.
In case you missed it, (really?) on Tuesday night Cristiano Ronaldo won his personal battle with Sweden’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he hammered home a hat trick and scored all four of Portugal’s goals in their 4-2 aggregate win over Sweden to reach the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
And it was just all too much to handle for Antena 1’s Nuno Matos, as the Portuguese announcer well and truly lost the plot as he witnessed Ronaldo single-handedly dragging his team to the finals in Brazil.
Obrigado Nuno. This piece of commentary is an absolute gem and one that will live long in the memory.
Ladies and gentleman, watch above and listen to a grown man screech, holler and bellow with delight as Portugal booked their spot in next summers World Cup.
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 2
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies (video) 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0