Class of ’92: David Beckham and co star in documentary about Manchester United’s golden generation – video
Nov 21, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
A new documentary is about to take the soccer world by storm, so make sure you take a sneak peak now.
As the inspirational clip above shows, a golden generation of soccer stars were unearthed at Manchester United back in 1992. Six youngsters – David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes – set tongues wagging and then all went on to become stars for one of the worlds biggest teams.
This superb documentary, put together by brothers Gabe and Ben Turner, highlights the journey Beckham and co. went on from their early days at United and throughout their glittering careers for club and country. It is a tale of friendship and joy as the gang of six share their experiences on the dramatic rise from youth team hopefuls in ’92 to lifting the Champions League trophy in 1999.
If you want to get your hands on the film, it will be released on DVD from December 2 and shown across cinemas in the UK and Ireland from December 1. I’ll definitely be picking up a copy, as the story of one of the greatest group of players to be produced through the same youth system is one you can’t help but reminiscence about.
Even if you don’t support Manchester United, this documentary will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2