Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
With all 32 teams rubber stamping their spots at the 2104 World Cup in Brazil, we know which players will be gracing the huge party down in South America this summer.
But let’s spare a thought for the poor souls who didn’t quite make it to the warm climates of Rio, Sao Paolo, Recife et al.
There are some huge names who won’t be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the obvious omission, and now is a good time to reflect on other players that haven’t made it to Brazil 2014. Plenty of soccer superstars will be sitting on a beach somewhere this summer, instead of strutting their stuff on the biggest stage in world soccer.
Let’s take a look at just some of the player who won’t be in Brazil. Any others we missed?
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 5
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear