Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
With all 32 teams rubber stamping their spots at the 2104 World Cup in Brazil, we know which players will be gracing the huge party down in South America this summer.
But let’s spare a thought for the poor souls who didn’t quite make it to the warm climates of Rio, Sao Paolo, Recife et al.
There are some huge names who won’t be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the obvious omission, and now is a good time to reflect on other players that haven’t made it to Brazil 2014. Plenty of soccer superstars will be sitting on a beach somewhere this summer, instead of strutting their stuff on the biggest stage in world soccer.
Let’s take a look at just some of the player who won’t be in Brazil. Any others we missed?
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4