Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
With all 32 teams rubber stamping their spots at the 2104 World Cup in Brazil, we know which players will be gracing the huge party down in South America this summer.
But let’s spare a thought for the poor souls who didn’t quite make it to the warm climates of Rio, Sao Paolo, Recife et al.
There are some huge names who won’t be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the obvious omission, and now is a good time to reflect on other players that haven’t made it to Brazil 2014. Plenty of soccer superstars will be sitting on a beach somewhere this summer, instead of strutting their stuff on the biggest stage in world soccer.
Let’s take a look at just some of the player who won’t be in Brazil. Any others we missed?
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 0
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 8
- Landon Donovan will get U.S. farewell, to be called up to face Ecuador 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: New York’s Thierry Henry 2
- Jermaine Jones unveiled in New England, quips that “I like to win” 0