Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 PM EST
With all 32 teams rubber stamping their spots at the 2104 World Cup in Brazil, we know which players will be gracing the huge party down in South America this summer.
But let’s spare a thought for the poor souls who didn’t quite make it to the warm climates of Rio, Sao Paolo, Recife et al.
There are some huge names who won’t be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the obvious omission, and now is a good time to reflect on other players that haven’t made it to Brazil 2014. Plenty of soccer superstars will be sitting on a beach somewhere this summer, instead of strutting their stuff on the biggest stage in world soccer.
Let’s take a look at just some of the player who won’t be in Brazil. Any others we missed?
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 0
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 21
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0