Nov 21, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT
With all 32 teams rubber stamping their spots at the 2104 World Cup in Brazil, we know which players will be gracing the huge party down in South America this summer.
But let’s spare a thought for the poor souls who didn’t quite make it to the warm climates of Rio, Sao Paolo, Recife et al.
There are some huge names who won’t be going to the World Cup, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the obvious omission, and now is a good time to reflect on other players that haven’t made it to Brazil 2014. Plenty of soccer superstars will be sitting on a beach somewhere this summer, instead of strutting their stuff on the biggest stage in world soccer.
Let’s take a look at just some of the player who won’t be in Brazil. Any others we missed?
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 5
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 11
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 9