Nov 23, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
Oh dear, oh dear.
What more can you say for Southampton and their goalkeeper Artur Boruc?
20 minutes into their top of the table clash with Arsenal at the Emirates, the Saints were withstanding heavy pressure and looking to build on a solid start.
The ball was then played back by Saints’ defense to Boruc who took a poor touch as Olivier Giroud closed him down. Instead of launching it upfield or out of play, Boruc tried a Cruyff turn to get around Giroud three times before he was easily dispossessed by the French striker who then tapped home the opener into an empty net.
Boruc cursed and complained as Saints’ players looked away in disgust at a terrible mistake which Boruc had made to shot his own team in the foot.
Can the Saints fight back? Or will Arsenal build on this lead handed to them on a plate?
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 0
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 1
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 4