Nov 23, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
Oh dear, oh dear.
What more can you say for Southampton and their goalkeeper Artur Boruc?
20 minutes into their top of the table clash with Arsenal at the Emirates, the Saints were withstanding heavy pressure and looking to build on a solid start.
The ball was then played back by Saints’ defense to Boruc who took a poor touch as Olivier Giroud closed him down. Instead of launching it upfield or out of play, Boruc tried a Cruyff turn to get around Giroud three times before he was easily dispossessed by the French striker who then tapped home the opener into an empty net.
Boruc cursed and complained as Saints’ players looked away in disgust at a terrible mistake which Boruc had made to shot his own team in the foot.
Can the Saints fight back? Or will Arsenal build on this lead handed to them on a plate?
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2