Nov 23, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
Oh dear, oh dear.
What more can you say for Southampton and their goalkeeper Artur Boruc?
20 minutes into their top of the table clash with Arsenal at the Emirates, the Saints were withstanding heavy pressure and looking to build on a solid start.
The ball was then played back by Saints’ defense to Boruc who took a poor touch as Olivier Giroud closed him down. Instead of launching it upfield or out of play, Boruc tried a Cruyff turn to get around Giroud three times before he was easily dispossessed by the French striker who then tapped home the opener into an empty net.
Boruc cursed and complained as Saints’ players looked away in disgust at a terrible mistake which Boruc had made to shot his own team in the foot.
Can the Saints fight back? Or will Arsenal build on this lead handed to them on a plate?
- Arsene Wenger suggests Thierry Henry could return to Arsenal as a coach 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0