Nov 23, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
What better way to celebrate a new era for Fulham than to defeat Swansea at Craven Cottage? (10 am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Ok, so the opponent is probably not that important, but the Cottagers are in desperate need of a win, as three points would lift them out of the relegation zone. Fulham are banking on a coaching change to give them a boost. Martin Jol is still around, but he’s now joined by Rene Meulensteen, former Manchester United coach alongside Sir Alex Ferguson. But will it be enough? Fulham just isn’t scoring goals — but they’re generously letting them in.
But with Swansea just two points from safety, the visitors aren’t going to be eager to write a happy storyline for the new coaching team. Michel Vorm comes back after a one match ban, but the visitors are still missing Pablo Hernandez and, more crucially, Michu. Michael Landrup makes two more changes to his side that drew 3-3 with Stoke last time out, bringing in Jose Canas and Nathan Dyer for Leon Britton and Wayne Routledge.
Fulham Starting XI: Stekelenburg; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Richardson; Parker, Kasami, Boateng, Ruiz; Berbatov, Bent
Subs: Stockdale, Senderos, Sidwell, Taarabt, Dejagah, Kačaniklić, Dembele
Swansea Starting XI: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Canas, de Guzman, Dyer, Lamah, Pozuelo, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, Vazquez
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 18