Nov 23, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
What better way to celebrate a new era for Fulham than to defeat Swansea at Craven Cottage? (10 am ET, watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Ok, so the opponent is probably not that important, but the Cottagers are in desperate need of a win, as three points would lift them out of the relegation zone. Fulham are banking on a coaching change to give them a boost. Martin Jol is still around, but he’s now joined by Rene Meulensteen, former Manchester United coach alongside Sir Alex Ferguson. But will it be enough? Fulham just isn’t scoring goals — but they’re generously letting them in.
But with Swansea just two points from safety, the visitors aren’t going to be eager to write a happy storyline for the new coaching team. Michel Vorm comes back after a one match ban, but the visitors are still missing Pablo Hernandez and, more crucially, Michu. Michael Landrup makes two more changes to his side that drew 3-3 with Stoke last time out, bringing in Jose Canas and Nathan Dyer for Leon Britton and Wayne Routledge.
Fulham Starting XI: Stekelenburg; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Richardson; Parker, Kasami, Boateng, Ruiz; Berbatov, Bent
Subs: Stockdale, Senderos, Sidwell, Taarabt, Dejagah, Kačaniklić, Dembele
Swansea Starting XI: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Canas, de Guzman, Dyer, Lamah, Pozuelo, Bony.
Subs: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, Vazquez
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6