Nov 24, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
It looked a bit awkward, but in a 7-0 thrashing of Getafe, it was Diego Costa who stole the headlines.
The 25-year-old Brazilian baffled his mark, substitute defender Arroyo, when he posted up for a bit of an awkward bicycle kick in the 69th minute, but no matter how it looked the ball ended up in the back of the net.
It appeared Costa wanted to instead try a scissor kick, but with the ball too high, he made the decision at the last possible minute to throw his body at the cross from Gabi.
All Arroyo could do was throw his hands in the air after the goal, the fifth of the match that would ultimately see David Villa and Raul Garcia each bag a brace.
The match also saw an own goal by the home side as well as a second yellow for Getafe defender Valera.
Have a watch:
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 0
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0
- VOTE – Best choice for MLS expansion: Las Vegas, Sacramento or Minneapolis? 16
- Manchester United’s Radamel Falcao suffers new injury setback 0
- Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors persist. Can it happen in January? 1
- Report: Arsenal have deal in place to sign Chelsea’s Petr Cech 1