Nov 24, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
It looked a bit awkward, but in a 7-0 thrashing of Getafe, it was Diego Costa who stole the headlines.
The 25-year-old Brazilian baffled his mark, substitute defender Arroyo, when he posted up for a bit of an awkward bicycle kick in the 69th minute, but no matter how it looked the ball ended up in the back of the net.
It appeared Costa wanted to instead try a scissor kick, but with the ball too high, he made the decision at the last possible minute to throw his body at the cross from Gabi.
All Arroyo could do was throw his hands in the air after the goal, the fifth of the match that would ultimately see David Villa and Raul Garcia each bag a brace.
The match also saw an own goal by the home side as well as a second yellow for Getafe defender Valera.
Have a watch:
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0
- Manchester United’s Jonny Evans denies spitting, but Cisse apologizes as ban looms (video) 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: New York Red Bulls 1
- Who, if anybody, won the CBA negotiations in MLS: The players or the league? 8
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 10
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0