Nov 24, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
It’s a nightmare start for visiting Tottenham Hotspur as Jesus Navas bagged the opening goal just 13 seconds into the match.
Spurs began with the ball, and immediately passed it backwards to goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
The French keeper attempted to pass to a midfield teammate, but Sergio Aguero cut the pass out instantly.
Aguero fired a shot straight away, and Lloris made a quality diving save. Unfortunately for Spurs, the ball then fell to Navas on the right wing who finished brilliantly, bending his shot over Lloris, off the far post and in.
The fastest Premier League goal came after 10 seconds, scored by Tottenham’s Ledley King against Bradford City in 2000.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 2
- It’s all-but-official as Juventus says thanks to Pirlo, wishes him best with New York City 0
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 0
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 0
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0