Nov 24, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
With Robin van Persie out injured, Javier Hernandez starts up front for Manchester United as they take on Cardiff City at Cardiff City Stadium at 11 am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
The change is one of five for Manchester United from their 1-0 win over Arsenal before the international break.
Suspended for the upcoming Champions League fixture, Marouane Fellaini will start in the Red Devils midfield. Fellaini has dealt with an injured wrist most of the season but is waiting for up to two years to have surgery.
It’s a very familiar lineup for Malky Mackay and Cardiff City, with striker Andreas Cornelius returning to the bench following a 10-week injury layoff from ankle problems. Craig Bellamy is also on the bench for Cardiff.
The meeting between the two sides is the first in any competition since 1975.
Cardiff City – Marshall; Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Theophile-Catherine; Medel, Whittingham, Mutch, Cowie; Odemwingie, Campbell.
Bench – Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Kim, Noone, Gunnarsson, Bellamy.
- Complete list of every transfer in the Premier League on Deadline Day 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3