Nov 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
“They were absolutely irresistible at time,” was Arlo White’s assessment from the Etihad, he and partner Graeme Le Saux having witnessed the 6-0 pasting Manchester City put on visiting Tottenham Hotspur. However, just two weeks after the Citizens lost at relegation-battling Sunderland, the contrast is equally unavoidable: How are City so spectacular at home and yet so lacking on the road?
NBCSN’s duo try to find some answers to that was well as the quandary presented by Spurs, who are now scoreless in three-plus games after being shutout in Manchester. With a match next weekend against Manchester United, Tottenham is in danger of falling beyond their current ninth place standing, particularly if they can’t find a way to improve on their nine league goals.
Here are White and Le Saux from Manchester, the duo assessing the landscape after one of the season’s more surprising results.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0