Nov 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
“They were absolutely irresistible at time,” was Arlo White’s assessment from the Etihad, he and partner Graeme Le Saux having witnessed the 6-0 pasting Manchester City put on visiting Tottenham Hotspur. However, just two weeks after the Citizens lost at relegation-battling Sunderland, the contrast is equally unavoidable: How are City so spectacular at home and yet so lacking on the road?
NBCSN’s duo try to find some answers to that was well as the quandary presented by Spurs, who are now scoreless in three-plus games after being shutout in Manchester. With a match next weekend against Manchester United, Tottenham is in danger of falling beyond their current ninth place standing, particularly if they can’t find a way to improve on their nine league goals.
Here are White and Le Saux from Manchester, the duo assessing the landscape after one of the season’s more surprising results.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The Benefit of Mid-Week Edition 0
- Vancouver sends Nigel Reo-Coker to Chivas USA for Mauro Rosales 0
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 5
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 9
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0