Nov 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
“They were absolutely irresistible at time,” was Arlo White’s assessment from the Etihad, he and partner Graeme Le Saux having witnessed the 6-0 pasting Manchester City put on visiting Tottenham Hotspur. However, just two weeks after the Citizens lost at relegation-battling Sunderland, the contrast is equally unavoidable: How are City so spectacular at home and yet so lacking on the road?
NBCSN’s duo try to find some answers to that was well as the quandary presented by Spurs, who are now scoreless in three-plus games after being shutout in Manchester. With a match next weekend against Manchester United, Tottenham is in danger of falling beyond their current ninth place standing, particularly if they can’t find a way to improve on their nine league goals.
Here are White and Le Saux from Manchester, the duo assessing the landscape after one of the season’s more surprising results.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 0
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0