Nov 25, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be, and that was the feeling the Portland Timbers had as Real Salt Lake waltzed into JELD-WEN Field on Sunday beat them 1-0 to dash their hopes of a first-ever MLS Cup appearance in the process.
The Timbers’ disappointment was clear for all to see as Robbie Findley’s goal sealed the win for RSL in the second leg of the Western Conference final and sent Salt Lake through to their second MLS Cup final where they’ll face Sporting Kansas City at Sporting Park on December 7.
However, it’s still been a landmark year for the MLS side in just their third-season in the league, our partners at CSNNW have plenty of reaction from the Timbers, here are a few clips below to get a sense of the emotions in Portland.
Influential captain Will Johnson has epitomized Portland’s resurgence under rookie MLS coach Caleb Porter and he believes the good times are there to stay in PDX. Watch what he has to say below:
As for the hugely-successful Timbers head coach Porter, he was gracious in defeat and paid tribute to Western Conference champions Real Salt Lake.
BONUS: Porter also reflect on his first season as a coach in MLS, which saw his side win the regular-season Western Conference title and exceed everyone’s expectations.
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 2
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 1
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 1-2 D.C. United 0
- MLS Snapshot: Houston Dynamo 4-4 Sporting Kansas City 2