Nov 27, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
John Brooks, the promising young center back who recently made his U.S. debut, has apparently suffered another injury set.
Brooks just made made his second start for Jurgen Klinsmann, pairing with Omar Gonzalez centrally along the U.S. back line. He has only recently returned from an arm injury, so getting the U.S. match was a boon.
But before Brooks, 20, could re-establish his place at Hertha Berlin, he has apparently suffered a knee injury.
According to this story at Kicker, the injury is not serious; Brooks is expected back soon.
The trouble is that Brooks is a bubble player as it is, hardly assured of a roster spot for Brazil. The more he plays, the more experience he gains, the better then chances that Klinsmann gain ample trust and allocates Brooks one of those 23 golden opportunities for Brazil.
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs