Nov 27, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
John Brooks, the promising young center back who recently made his U.S. debut, has apparently suffered another injury set.
Brooks just made made his second start for Jurgen Klinsmann, pairing with Omar Gonzalez centrally along the U.S. back line. He has only recently returned from an arm injury, so getting the U.S. match was a boon.
But before Brooks, 20, could re-establish his place at Hertha Berlin, he has apparently suffered a knee injury.
According to this story at Kicker, the injury is not serious; Brooks is expected back soon.
The trouble is that Brooks is a bubble player as it is, hardly assured of a roster spot for Brazil. The more he plays, the more experience he gains, the better then chances that Klinsmann gain ample trust and allocates Brooks one of those 23 golden opportunities for Brazil.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3