Nov 27, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
John Brooks, the promising young center back who recently made his U.S. debut, has apparently suffered another injury set.
Brooks just made made his second start for Jurgen Klinsmann, pairing with Omar Gonzalez centrally along the U.S. back line. He has only recently returned from an arm injury, so getting the U.S. match was a boon.
But before Brooks, 20, could re-establish his place at Hertha Berlin, he has apparently suffered a knee injury.
According to this story at Kicker, the injury is not serious; Brooks is expected back soon.
The trouble is that Brooks is a bubble player as it is, hardly assured of a roster spot for Brazil. The more he plays, the more experience he gains, the better then chances that Klinsmann gain ample trust and allocates Brooks one of those 23 golden opportunities for Brazil.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 0
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 9
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5