Nov 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
There are plenty of questions that need answers regarding the collapse Wednesday of a portion of the stadium that will host the 2014 World Cup opener.
More details are here on the collapse, which killed two workers and underlined Brazil’s ongoing setbacks as it prepares to host the world’s most-watched sporting tournament.
In the meantime, here are the first pictures now available out of Sao Paulo, where a crane crashed through an outer wall of the Itaquerao stadium.
No word yet from FIFA on whether it will extent that December deadline for all 12 World Cup venues to be ready.
What the stadium looked like a month ago:
And what the under-construction ground looks like today:
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0