Nov 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
There are plenty of questions that need answers regarding the collapse Wednesday of a portion of the stadium that will host the 2014 World Cup opener.
More details are here on the collapse, which killed two workers and underlined Brazil’s ongoing setbacks as it prepares to host the world’s most-watched sporting tournament.
In the meantime, here are the first pictures now available out of Sao Paulo, where a crane crashed through an outer wall of the Itaquerao stadium.
No word yet from FIFA on whether it will extent that December deadline for all 12 World Cup venues to be ready.
What the stadium looked like a month ago:
And what the under-construction ground looks like today:
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 0
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1