Nov 30, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
It’s off to Wales for the featured Saturday morning match in the Premier League, with Arsenal paying a visit to Cardiff City (10 am ET, watch live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The hosts will be on a high after last week, when Kim Bo-Kyung struck a last minute equalizer against Manchester United to give Cardiff a much needed point. The Premier League newcomers are just three points above the relegation zone, but today’s tough test likely won’t allow Malky Mackay rest any easier at night. He’s made just one change to last week’s side, with Kim getting the nod from the start, slotting in behind Frazier Campbell, while Peter Odemwingie drops to the bench.
Will that be enough for the Bluebirds? Because yes, Arsenal are still at the top of the league. They may have fallen to Arsenal a few weeks back, but they made short work of Southampton’s normally stingy defense, and Cardiff is certainly on the same level. Arsène Wenger has seen no need to change the side that beat the Saints 2-0 in the last league game, although both Kieran Gibbs and Mikel Arteta start after missing out on the Champions League match against Marseille. Olivier Giroud, top scorer with seven goals, starts up top, of course.
Cardiff: Marshall, Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile-Catherine
Subs: Lewis, Hudson, Cornelius, Odemwingie, Noone, Gunnarsson, Bellamy
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud
Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Gnabry.
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 1
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 7
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1