Nov 30, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
This games sees new Palace boss Tony Pulis take the reigns for the first time as the Eagles look to soar up the Premier League standings and out of the relegation zone.
Norwich sit just two places and one point above the relegation zone as Chris Hughton‘s rebuild hasn’t gone to plan with his side losing four of the last six games.
Over the summer the Canaries spent $37 million on new players, mostly on strikers Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper, who haven’t delivered the goods yet at Carrow Road. This home match against Palace is crucial if Hughton’s men are going to climb away from danger and shuffle back into the pack in midtable.
As for Palace, hope springs eternal around Selhurst Park following the Eagles first road points of the season when they beat Hull City last week. The Eagles know a win in Pulis’ first game in charge could see them climb out of the bottom three and with massive games coming up against Cardiff and West Ham at home this month, can the new manager spark a dramatic turnaround for the South London club?
As for team news Norwich bring in Sebastien Bassong, Johan Elmander and Wes Hoolahan to the starting lineup after they lost to Newcastle last time out. Tony Pulis brings in Cameron Jerome and Jason Puncheon after both impressed as subs in last week’s 1-0 win over Hull.
Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, R Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Fer, Howson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Elmander, Hooper
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 4
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4