Nov 30, 2013, 9:25 AM EDT
It’s a little early in the season for a good old fashioned “six-pointer” but that’s exactly what we have on our hands at Upton Park on Saturday.
West Ham host Fulham in a tense London derby in the East End as both teams are bang out of form and desperate to get back to winning ways.
The Hammers haven’t won at home since the opening day of the season when they beat Cardiff 2-0, while Fulham have only beaten the bottom two, Sunderland and Crystal Palace, away from Craven Cottage. Something has to give.
Fulham are in 18th place on 10 points, while West Ham are on the same tally but sit one spot above them by virtue of goal difference.
It’s sure to be a cagey affair as Sam Allardyce — who persists to not use any strikers in an unorthodox 4-6 formation with Andy Carroll out injured — comes up against under-fire Fulham boss Martin Jol. The latter has already suggested he may lose his job if the Cottagers lose to West Ham. There’s plenty on the line apart from London pride in this clash as Jol aims to stop Fulham losing their sixth-straight game in all competitions.
West Ham: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Jarvis, Maiga, Noble, Collins, Demel, Diame, Downing
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Richardson; Duff, Sidwell, Parker, Kasami; Taarabt; Bent
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0