Dec 1, 2013, 9:37 AM EST
As the fans chant songs of protest against their club’s chairman, the team shockingly went ahead of the Premier League’s second-place team.
Unfortunately, the lead didn’t last long as Steven Gerrard bent a free kick around the wall to pull Liverpool back level.
Victor Moses gave the ball away in his own defending half in the 20th minute, and the ball ended up with Hull’s Jake Livermore whose searching shot from range kicked off Martin Skrtel and gave Simon Mignolet no chance.
It’s just Hull’s 10th goal scored this season in their 13th match, but a stout defense has them mid-table.
The goal came as supporters sang songs in protest of chairman Vincent Tan, who announced his intentions to change the club’s name towards the beginning of the year, and hasn’t backed down from his stance.
The score also has jolted the game to life, as much of the first 20 minutes were dull, as both teams looked to get a footing in the game and playing very conservative.
It also jolted a previously lethargic Liverpool to life, and Jordan Henderson won a free kick for the visitors just five minutes later, which Gerrard placed in the back of the net to even it up at 1-1.
It’s Gerrard’s fourth goal in four matches against Hull City.
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season