Dec 1, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Both team buses were attacked by groups of fans as they made their way to Parc des Princes for today’s Ligue 1 match between Paris Saint-Germain and Olympic Lyonnais.
Reports all over Twitter have surfaced that the team buses were pelted with projectiles.
A picture (on right) has made the rounds as well that appears to show a smashed window on the PSG bus.
The picture was picked up by Tancredi Palmeri of Sky Italia, and the report was confirmed by ESPNFC’s French writer Jonathan Johnson.
According to the reports, the buses were pelted with projectiles believed to be stones, and possibly even bricks.
PSG apparently heightened security at Parc des Princes for the buses’ arrivals as a precaution. Apparently the home bus took the brunt of the attack because the team living area is farther from the stadium, where as the visiting team hotel was quite close by.
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 1
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 12
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 29