Dec 1, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Both team buses were attacked by groups of fans as they made their way to Parc des Princes for today’s Ligue 1 match between Paris Saint-Germain and Olympic Lyonnais.
Reports all over Twitter have surfaced that the team buses were pelted with projectiles.
A picture (on right) has made the rounds as well that appears to show a smashed window on the PSG bus.
The picture was picked up by Tancredi Palmeri of Sky Italia, and the report was confirmed by ESPNFC’s French writer Jonathan Johnson.
According to the reports, the buses were pelted with projectiles believed to be stones, and possibly even bricks.
PSG apparently heightened security at Parc des Princes for the buses’ arrivals as a precaution. Apparently the home bus took the brunt of the attack because the team living area is farther from the stadium, where as the visiting team hotel was quite close by.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro