Dec 1, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Both team buses were attacked by groups of fans as they made their way to Parc des Princes for today’s Ligue 1 match between Paris Saint-Germain and Olympic Lyonnais.
Reports all over Twitter have surfaced that the team buses were pelted with projectiles.
A picture (on right) has made the rounds as well that appears to show a smashed window on the PSG bus.
The picture was picked up by Tancredi Palmeri of Sky Italia, and the report was confirmed by ESPNFC’s French writer Jonathan Johnson.
According to the reports, the buses were pelted with projectiles believed to be stones, and possibly even bricks.
PSG apparently heightened security at Parc des Princes for the buses’ arrivals as a precaution. Apparently the home bus took the brunt of the attack because the team living area is farther from the stadium, where as the visiting team hotel was quite close by.
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 1
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 8
- Landon Donovan will get U.S. farewell, to be called up to face Ecuador 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: New York’s Thierry Henry 2