Dec 2, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
We know more today about the United States’ national team’s important January camp, which will conclude with a match against fellow World Cup qualifier Korea Republic on Feb. 1 at the StubHub Center outside Los Angeles.
Details on the match are here from U.S. Soccer, which made the announcement early Monday afternoon.
The national team’s annual January camp, once again for mostly MLS players and a scattering still playing in Scandinavian leagues, always concludes with a match or two. In this case, the United States and Korea (South Korea) are meeting for the first time since they faced in the 2002 World Cup group stage.
The announcement from U.S. Soccer does not include the full camp details – but we have them here.
Klinsmann will begin his third January camp on Jan. 6; as usual, the camp will be held at the national team’s training site at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.
Players and staff travel into Brazil on Jan. 12 for almost two weeks of training at the team’s Sao Paulo base, the U.S. training site for World Cup 2014. Obviously, Klinsmann is using the time (Jan. 12-25) as a dry run and a chance to get as many players and staff as possible familiar and comfortable with the surroundings.
The team travels back to California on Jan. 26 for a few more days of training ahead of the Korea encounter.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes