Dec 2, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
We know more today about the United States’ national team’s important January camp, which will conclude with a match against fellow World Cup qualifier Korea Republic on Feb. 1 at the StubHub Center outside Los Angeles.
Details on the match are here from U.S. Soccer, which made the announcement early Monday afternoon.
The national team’s annual January camp, once again for mostly MLS players and a scattering still playing in Scandinavian leagues, always concludes with a match or two. In this case, the United States and Korea (South Korea) are meeting for the first time since they faced in the 2002 World Cup group stage.
The announcement from U.S. Soccer does not include the full camp details – but we have them here.
Klinsmann will begin his third January camp on Jan. 6; as usual, the camp will be held at the national team’s training site at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.
Players and staff travel into Brazil on Jan. 12 for almost two weeks of training at the team’s Sao Paulo base, the U.S. training site for World Cup 2014. Obviously, Klinsmann is using the time (Jan. 12-25) as a dry run and a chance to get as many players and staff as possible familiar and comfortable with the surroundings.
The team travels back to California on Jan. 26 for a few more days of training ahead of the Korea encounter.
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 0
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1
- Where does Andrea Pirlo joining New York City FC rank in history of MLS mega-deals? 3
- 2015 Gold Cup: USMNT player profiles – Midfielders 0