Dec 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Anthony and Anthony are lifelong best friends and Scousers.
There’s only one thing that separates them – football. One supports Liverpool and the other, Everton.
The division doesn’t typically present a problem. In fact, they hope each other’s club fairs well.
Except on derby day. That’s when the line is drawn. On those fixture days they separate, each retreating to his respective family of red or blue.
So for last week’s 3-3 thriller between Everton and Liverpool, NBC Sports followed one of Anthony into the away supporters section at Goodison Park and the other to a local bluenose pub.
What we found was pretty darn interesting – the highs and lows of a match played on a knife’s edge.
And at the end, the two friends reunited. One disappointed, the other feeling a bit lucky. Both an exceptional example of the pride in Merseyside.
- International Champions Cup: Schedule revealed as Chelsea, Manchester United take on MLS sides 4
- After Bournemouth all but seal Premier League place, here’s some other minnows to make the top-flight 1
- Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez calls Real Madrid “best team in the world” 1
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Liverpool 1
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0