Dec 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Anthony and Anthony are lifelong best friends and Scousers.
There’s only one thing that separates them – football. One supports Liverpool and the other, Everton.
The division doesn’t typically present a problem. In fact, they hope each other’s club fairs well.
Except on derby day. That’s when the line is drawn. On those fixture days they separate, each retreating to his respective family of red or blue.
So for last week’s 3-3 thriller between Everton and Liverpool, NBC Sports followed one of Anthony into the away supporters section at Goodison Park and the other to a local bluenose pub.
What we found was pretty darn interesting – the highs and lows of a match played on a knife’s edge.
And at the end, the two friends reunited. One disappointed, the other feeling a bit lucky. Both an exceptional example of the pride in Merseyside.
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron inks new three-year contract at Stoke City 1
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0