Dec 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Anthony and Anthony are lifelong best friends and Scousers.
There’s only one thing that separates them – football. One supports Liverpool and the other, Everton.
The division doesn’t typically present a problem. In fact, they hope each other’s club fairs well.
Except on derby day. That’s when the line is drawn. On those fixture days they separate, each retreating to his respective family of red or blue.
So for last week’s 3-3 thriller between Everton and Liverpool, NBC Sports followed one of Anthony into the away supporters section at Goodison Park and the other to a local bluenose pub.
What we found was pretty darn interesting – the highs and lows of a match played on a knife’s edge.
And at the end, the two friends reunited. One disappointed, the other feeling a bit lucky. Both an exceptional example of the pride in Merseyside.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1