Dec 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Anthony and Anthony are lifelong best friends and Scousers.
There’s only one thing that separates them – football. One supports Liverpool and the other, Everton.
The division doesn’t typically present a problem. In fact, they hope each other’s club fairs well.
Except on derby day. That’s when the line is drawn. On those fixture days they separate, each retreating to his respective family of red or blue.
So for last week’s 3-3 thriller between Everton and Liverpool, NBC Sports followed one of Anthony into the away supporters section at Goodison Park and the other to a local bluenose pub.
What we found was pretty darn interesting – the highs and lows of a match played on a knife’s edge.
And at the end, the two friends reunited. One disappointed, the other feeling a bit lucky. Both an exceptional example of the pride in Merseyside.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0