Dec 2, 2013, 1:08 PM EST
A few days after announcing that he “didn’t need the Ballon d’Or award” to know he’s the best player in the world, Zlatan went and did this.
My word, that took some serious cojones.
With Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 up against Lyon, just before half time PSG won a penalty kick and Ibrahimovic stepped up to try and put his side in a commanding position with a 2-0 lead at the interval. Most people would’ve just stroked the ball home calmly into a corner or hammered the PK straight down the middle to make sure. But Ibra, as we all know, isn’t like most.
Instead he decided to take a short run up and delicately chipped the fluorescent orange ball into the roof of the net before running to the crowd with his arms aloft.
Yes, Ibra, we know you’re the man. With the Swedish international displaying breathtaking pieces of skill like that on a weekly basis now, it’s hard to ignore his arrogant assessments of his own ability.
Maybe he does deserve the Ballon d’Or after all… not that he wants it.
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 6
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire