Dec 2, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
A few days after announcing that he “didn’t need the Ballon d’Or award” to know he’s the best player in the world, Zlatan went and did this.
My word, that took some serious cojones.
With Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 up against Lyon, just before half time PSG won a penalty kick and Ibrahimovic stepped up to try and put his side in a commanding position with a 2-0 lead at the interval. Most people would’ve just stroked the ball home calmly into a corner or hammered the PK straight down the middle to make sure. But Ibra, as we all know, isn’t like most.
Instead he decided to take a short run up and delicately chipped the fluorescent orange ball into the roof of the net before running to the crowd with his arms aloft.
Yes, Ibra, we know you’re the man. With the Swedish international displaying breathtaking pieces of skill like that on a weekly basis now, it’s hard to ignore his arrogant assessments of his own ability.
Maybe he does deserve the Ballon d’Or after all… not that he wants it.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3