Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta has had it with people pronouncing his name incorrectly, so he’s taken to You Tube to give a lecture.
The 24-year-old Spaniard, who arrived at Stamford Bridge from Marseille last summer, has impressed as both a right and left full-back.
But despite those performances it seems neither his teammates nor the fans could get his last name right. So they gave up and gave him a simpler nickname, ‘Dave’.
In an attempt to set the record straight, Azpilicueta has posted a video on YouTube. But even now, despite spelling his name out in big blue letters on a whiteboard, it seems people are still struggling to get it right.
- James Rodriguez to be unveiled by Real Madrid on Tuesday, join club for U.S. tour 1
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 8
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10