Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta has had it with people pronouncing his name incorrectly, so he’s taken to You Tube to give a lecture.
The 24-year-old Spaniard, who arrived at Stamford Bridge from Marseille last summer, has impressed as both a right and left full-back.
But despite those performances it seems neither his teammates nor the fans could get his last name right. So they gave up and gave him a simpler nickname, ‘Dave’.
In an attempt to set the record straight, Azpilicueta has posted a video on YouTube. But even now, despite spelling his name out in big blue letters on a whiteboard, it seems people are still struggling to get it right.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear