Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta has had it with people pronouncing his name incorrectly, so he’s taken to You Tube to give a lecture.
The 24-year-old Spaniard, who arrived at Stamford Bridge from Marseille last summer, has impressed as both a right and left full-back.
But despite those performances it seems neither his teammates nor the fans could get his last name right. So they gave up and gave him a simpler nickname, ‘Dave’.
In an attempt to set the record straight, Azpilicueta has posted a video on YouTube. But even now, despite spelling his name out in big blue letters on a whiteboard, it seems people are still struggling to get it right.
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 9
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 4
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 2
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 5