Dec 3, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
FIFA told us back in September that next year’s match ball would be called the Brazuca – but the meanies that run
the world world soccer made us wait to get a look at that young puppy.
Today from Brazil, FIFA pulled back the curtain.
The headline on FIFA’s official site says “adidas brings brazuca into the world,” which give this thing a weird, birthy kind of feel.
Regardless, this thing is certainly colorful, as you can see. Almost to a dizzying degree.
Previously, FIFA had told us about “innovative technology” and “pioneering new structure” that adds to the new ball’s grip and feel and aerodynamic properties … in other words, about the same thing they say every four years when the latest World Cup match ball is unveiled.
Anyway, now you’ve seen it. Not sure if it looks much like a soccer ball – but it is kind of pretty, isn’t it?
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1