Dec 3, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
FIFA told us back in September that next year’s match ball would be called the Brazuca – but the meanies that run
the world world soccer made us wait to get a look at that young puppy.
Today from Brazil, FIFA pulled back the curtain.
The headline on FIFA’s official site says “adidas brings brazuca into the world,” which give this thing a weird, birthy kind of feel.
Regardless, this thing is certainly colorful, as you can see. Almost to a dizzying degree.
Previously, FIFA had told us about “innovative technology” and “pioneering new structure” that adds to the new ball’s grip and feel and aerodynamic properties … in other words, about the same thing they say every four years when the latest World Cup match ball is unveiled.
Anyway, now you’ve seen it. Not sure if it looks much like a soccer ball – but it is kind of pretty, isn’t it?
- 2015 Gold Cup: Three things we learned from the USA’s 2-1 victory over Honduras 0
- USMNT 2-1 Honduras: Dempsey brace enough for sloppy Yanks 1
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 2
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1