Dec 3, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
FIFA told us back in September that next year’s match ball would be called the Brazuca – but the meanies that run
the world world soccer made us wait to get a look at that young puppy.
Today from Brazil, FIFA pulled back the curtain.
The headline on FIFA’s official site says “adidas brings brazuca into the world,” which give this thing a weird, birthy kind of feel.
Regardless, this thing is certainly colorful, as you can see. Almost to a dizzying degree.
Previously, FIFA had told us about “innovative technology” and “pioneering new structure” that adds to the new ball’s grip and feel and aerodynamic properties … in other words, about the same thing they say every four years when the latest World Cup match ball is unveiled.
Anyway, now you’ve seen it. Not sure if it looks much like a soccer ball – but it is kind of pretty, isn’t it?
- Reports: Geoff Cameron, seeking CB time, draws heavy Premier League interest 0
- Learn the chants for every Premier League team! 3
- Updated team-by-team list of Premier League transfers this summer 3
- US U23 list for Bahamas camp unveiled as Olympic prep continues 0
- New York City FC could be a proving ground for Man City youth 6
- Report: Red Bulls meet Ronaldinho’s reps; Reunion with Henry coming? 1