Dec 3, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
FIFA told us back in September that next year’s match ball would be called the Brazuca – but the meanies that run
the world world soccer made us wait to get a look at that young puppy.
Today from Brazil, FIFA pulled back the curtain.
The headline on FIFA’s official site says “adidas brings brazuca into the world,” which give this thing a weird, birthy kind of feel.
Regardless, this thing is certainly colorful, as you can see. Almost to a dizzying degree.
Previously, FIFA had told us about “innovative technology” and “pioneering new structure” that adds to the new ball’s grip and feel and aerodynamic properties … in other words, about the same thing they say every four years when the latest World Cup match ball is unveiled.
Anyway, now you’ve seen it. Not sure if it looks much like a soccer ball – but it is kind of pretty, isn’t it?
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 5
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 1
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 1
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2