Dec 4, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
Yup. You read it right: One of the world’s greatest players and his mother came up with an idea that will come to fruition in Madeira later this month, as a museum dedicated to Cristiano Ronaldo will open to the public and Ronaldo himself will be there to open it up.
A source close to his family told Goal.com that “The museum is a dream for Cristiano. He wants to give something back to Madeira and he came up with the idea along with his mother. It’s a family project.”
While it reads like something straight out of a gossip rag, it’s hardly as bizarre as you’d think. While Graceland didn’t host tours until after Elvis Presley died, Ronaldo is simply moving his “Man Cave” from his home to a separate location.
Other reports say that Ronaldo is intent on the museum being just the first in a series of developments designed to boost tourism and interest in his home. After all, this is a player who had Real Madrid auction his 2011 Golden Boot and donated the money to schools in Gaza.
Snarky headline aside, it’s far from the worst thing Cristiano Ronaldo could do to recognize the astonishing skill set of Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls