Dec 4, 2013, 9:38 AM EST
Relegation battles bring out the best in banter and Fulham legend Rodney Marsh is supplying Photoshop enthusiasts everywhere with his blast against the current Cottagers, including the Incredible Sulk.
“I look at the Fulham players and I see their shoulders drooped and I see Berbatov walking around like he is wearing an overcoat, smoking a cigar,” said Marsh, who didn’t blame recently-removed manager Martin Jol.
The image is humorous, though Fulham’s plight is far from Giggle Town. A five-match losing skid has seen Jol removed from the manager’s chair and replaced by Rene Meulensteen, who is tasked with bringing the club up from 18th place to safety.
Even Jol’s supporters have to look at the skid, all but one of which have been one-sided, and sigh; The Cottagers had been outscored 14-2 since their last win, a 4-1 road triumph over Crystal Palace on Oct. 21.
Marsh is open to Meulensteen working some wonders with the current bunch of players, but was adamant in putting the onus on the athletes.
“I am going to be watching over the next six weeks to see how the players react to this guy,” said Marsh. “I don’t think it has got anything to do with him. It is to do with the players.”
Marsh went on to blast the character of Fulham’s players ahead of the Cottagers date with Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Wednesday afternoon.
“On Saturday they started Taarabt. When you look at Fulham down the bottom of the league needing grafters, needing to put the foot in, needing to whack a few, are Taarabt and Berbatov going to be those types of players? The answer is no.”
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire