Dec 4, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
The beauty of sports comes in both the moment and the memories, which is why this new VISA commercial with Paolo Rossi, Zinedine Zidane and a starstruck Brazilian barber’s childhood memories could provide more than a few chills.
As a kid, I remember the sights and sounds of watching in horror alongside the Italian side of my family as the man who scored five goals in the tournament, Roberto Baggio, joined Franco Baresi and Daniele Massaro in penalty kick misfortune. The commercial did a nice job of reminding me that:
A) It wasn’t always Brazil topping Italy
B) The salient memories of sport and family, of course, transcend nations.
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2