Dec 4, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
The beauty of sports comes in both the moment and the memories, which is why this new VISA commercial with Paolo Rossi, Zinedine Zidane and a starstruck Brazilian barber’s childhood memories could provide more than a few chills.
As a kid, I remember the sights and sounds of watching in horror alongside the Italian side of my family as the man who scored five goals in the tournament, Roberto Baggio, joined Franco Baresi and Daniele Massaro in penalty kick misfortune. The commercial did a nice job of reminding me that:
A) It wasn’t always Brazil topping Italy
B) The salient memories of sport and family, of course, transcend nations.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1