Dec 4, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Teams drifting in opposite directions meet tonight at the Liberty Stadium as Swansea City, sitting 13th in the Premier League after winning one of their last five, hosting the surging Newcastle United.
With four straight wins, the Magpies are the hottest team in the Premier League, their November surge pushing the club to sixth place, one point off a Champions League spot. Perfect since shifting formations after the team’s Oct. 27 loss to Sunderland, Alan Pardew will again play this two-striker setup, with Shola Ameobi complementing Loïc Rémy, who has scored eight of Newcastle’s 19 goals.
For the Swans, a team without their top two scoring options (Michu and Wilfried Bony), 22-year-old Álvaro Vázquez gets his fourth start of the season up top, with Swansea hoping to end a 190-minute scoreless run.
Kickoff in Wales is at 2:45 p.m. Eastern, with live streaming available via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear