Dec 4, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Teams drifting in opposite directions meet tonight at the Liberty Stadium as Swansea City, sitting 13th in the Premier League after winning one of their last five, hosting the surging Newcastle United.
With four straight wins, the Magpies are the hottest team in the Premier League, their November surge pushing the club to sixth place, one point off a Champions League spot. Perfect since shifting formations after the team’s Oct. 27 loss to Sunderland, Alan Pardew will again play this two-striker setup, with Shola Ameobi complementing Loïc Rémy, who has scored eight of Newcastle’s 19 goals.
For the Swans, a team without their top two scoring options (Michu and Wilfried Bony), 22-year-old Álvaro Vázquez gets his fourth start of the season up top, with Swansea hoping to end a 190-minute scoreless run.
Kickoff in Wales is at 2:45 p.m. Eastern, with live streaming available via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2