Dec 4, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Manchester City’s woeful road form will be tested over the team’s next two matches, the first of which kicks off tonight at The Hawthorns. Third place City, 1-4-1 this year away from the Etihad, are in the West Midlands to face 12th place West Bromwich Albion, who’ve only won twice in six games this year at home.
Coming off a 2-1 loss at Newcastle this Sunday, Steve Clarke has made two changes to the Baggies’ XI, restoring Claudio Yacob to central midfield at the expensive of the suspended Youssouf Mulumbu and inserting forward Saido Berahino, sacrificing Stéphane Sességnon to potentially give Shane Long a partner up top.
Manchester City has made three changes from the team that beat Swansea City on Sunday, the most notable of which is the return of captain Vincent Kompany. The Belgian international takes his place at the back along side Martín Demichelis. Aleksandar Kolarov is also in the team, starting at left back in place of Gaël Clichy, while Edin Dzeko takes Álvaro Negredo’s spot up top.
Delayed 15 minutes to account for high traffic in West Bromwich, today’s match is now slated for a 3:15 p.m. Eastern kickoff. As with all of NBC’s Premier League coverage, it can be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear