Dec 5, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
The 22-year-old Kenyan was injured in Southampton’s 3-2 loss to Aston Villa on the weekend, when he collided with Villa’s American goalkeeper Brad Guzan.
Wanyama has completed 81% of his passes this season according to WhoScored.com, and completed half his tackle attempts according to Squawka statistics.
The midfielder has started in every one of Southampton’s Premier League games thus far this season, playing 1,179 out of 1,260 possible minutes.
After reaching fourth place in the Premier League table and surprising everyone across England’s top division, the Saints have fallen on hard times, losing three straight matches and falling to eighth place currently.
The club has also found itself hampered by injuries. In addition to Wanyama, Artur Boruc is out for the forseeable future with a broken bone in his hand, and Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne are also struggling to maintain their fitness.
The injuries will hurt this coming weekend, as high-flying Manchester City comes to town Saturday.
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 35 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 2
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0