Dec 5, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
The 22-year-old Kenyan was injured in Southampton’s 3-2 loss to Aston Villa on the weekend, when he collided with Villa’s American goalkeeper Brad Guzan.
Wanyama has completed 81% of his passes this season according to WhoScored.com, and completed half his tackle attempts according to Squawka statistics.
The midfielder has started in every one of Southampton’s Premier League games thus far this season, playing 1,179 out of 1,260 possible minutes.
After reaching fourth place in the Premier League table and surprising everyone across England’s top division, the Saints have fallen on hard times, losing three straight matches and falling to eighth place currently.
The club has also found itself hampered by injuries. In addition to Wanyama, Artur Boruc is out for the forseeable future with a broken bone in his hand, and Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne are also struggling to maintain their fitness.
The injuries will hurt this coming weekend, as high-flying Manchester City comes to town Saturday.
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire