Dec 6, 2013, 4:29 PM EST
One team that could have not asked for a better World Cup draw is non other than two-time World Cup champion, Argentina. Being drawn into Group F with Bosnia, Iran, and Nigeria; the South Americans are already expected to have a place in the Round of 16 and even already in the quarterfinals since they would supposedly face Group E’ runners up.
The star power of Argentina lead by none other than Barcelona forward and four time FIFA Ballon D’Or winner Lionel Messi is unmatched by any of the three teams in Group F. Besides Messi, the Argentines will have Manchester City star Sergio “Kun” Agüero, Juventus’ Carlos Tévez, and Real Madrid’s Ángel Di María.
In the debate over whether Lionel Messi is already the best player the planet has ever seen, a lot of critics point that he has yet to win the most prestigious trophy. A World Cup on South American soil could be the biggest opportunity that Messi and his Argentine comrades have to winning their third world title, since the next editions of the tournament will take place in Russia and Qatar in 2018 and 2022 respectfully.
The momentum of a rather easy start for Argentina could be enough for them to pull off a huge upset on the home ground of their biggest rivals.
Here is Argentina’s Group F schedule:
June 15 Estadio do Maracaná, Rio De Janeiro. 16:00 Argentina vs Bosnia
June 21 Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte. 10:00 Argentina vs Iran
June 25 Estadio Beira-Río, Porto Alegre. 10:00 Nigeria vs Argentina
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0