Dec 6, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
With rumors swirling of a loan move for Clint Dempsey back to the England, we may know if he ships out very soon.
Appearing from Kansas City on ESPN’s coverage of the World Cup draw, Dempsey told Bob Ley “we’re still waiting to see what will happen but we should know what’s going on in the next week.”
That certainly sounds like at least one move is in the works.
He then followed that up with, “For me it’s just about getting games and trying to get to that high level, and bring that back to the United States if I get the opportunity to go on loan.”
After telling many reporters in Kansas City that he wouldn’t speak on the subject, his comments to ESPN no doubt suggest he will be making moves in the next week.
But where to? Do Spurs indeed have a first-option to negotiate with the man they sold just months ago? Will he head off to Fulham to help his old club in their relegation battle under new management? Or will Everton or Aston Villa make a push to add to their American ranks?
It would seem we won’t have to wait much longer to find out what the Seattle Sounder’s European future holds.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 2
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 2
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 3
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 8
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 4
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 4