Dec 6, 2013, 2:59 PM EST
Real Salt Lake captain and USMNT midfielder, Kyle Beckerman, was caught by the media in the MLS World Cup Draw party in Kansas City.
The holding midfielder sounded calm with a hint of resignation about the unkind USMNT World Cup draw that has put them against Portugal, Germany and Ghana on what many people claim to be this World Cup’s group of death.
“Nobody’s gonna be a rollover here, everybody there is gonna be good” claimed the rasta man.
Want to see more from Soccerly.com? Click here.
Beckerman is aware that every team on Group G is expecting to get out of the group stage and that the difficulty of the group could be a favorable thing, whereas being paired in a group with teams that could look less threatening to the naked eye, as they can bring overwhelming expectations to the table. “It’s not the worst thing” says Beckerman.
Kyle has a lot more on his plate than the draw right now. On Saturday his team, the MLS Western Conference Champions RSL, will play their hearts out in the MLS Cup Final against Sporting Kansas City at Sporting Park.
Hopefully, the American veteran will have his head clear in time for the game, he has 7 nail biting months ahead of him, so he shouldn’t start pulling his hair right now!
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 6
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1