Dec 6, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
The new Arsenal deal is reportedly worth £24 million ($39.2 million).
The Times say negotiations have been taking place since October, and that he’s already informed his entire staff that he plans to stick around the Emirates for the long term.
Wenger’s deal in place expires at the end of the current season.
This news would explain Wenger’s comments of last week, when the Arsenal boss said he was “relaxed” about his contract situation and deflected further inquisition into the status of his future.
“I have been here for 17 years, and I just want to make sure that I deliver to this club what the club is expecting,” Wenger said back on November 29. “I decided that at the start of the season because we had a very difficult start, and I want to continue that and do a good job and focus on that.
“My commitment is not a problem to this club.”
Wenger has been at the helm of Arsenal since 1996, making this year his 17th with the club.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League