Dec 6, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
The new Arsenal deal is reportedly worth £24 million ($39.2 million).
The Times say negotiations have been taking place since October, and that he’s already informed his entire staff that he plans to stick around the Emirates for the long term.
Wenger’s deal in place expires at the end of the current season.
This news would explain Wenger’s comments of last week, when the Arsenal boss said he was “relaxed” about his contract situation and deflected further inquisition into the status of his future.
“I have been here for 17 years, and I just want to make sure that I deliver to this club what the club is expecting,” Wenger said back on November 29. “I decided that at the start of the season because we had a very difficult start, and I want to continue that and do a good job and focus on that.
“My commitment is not a problem to this club.”
Wenger has been at the helm of Arsenal since 1996, making this year his 17th with the club.
- WATCH: ‘I Was There’ Southampton’s triumph at Selhurst Park 0
- Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness jailed 3.5 years for tax evasion 1
- Manchester United vs. Liverpool, Sherwood’s struggles, MLS mega-match – View from the Booth, with Arlo White 1
- Eric Cantona arrested on suspicion of assault 2
- Report: Nicklas Bendtner gets hammered, drops pants and wipes himself on taxi 2
- Second half heroics from Jaime Penedo give LA Galaxy 1-0 lead ahead of leg two in Tijuana 2
- FC Dallas Should Be Well Represented at Inaugural MLS Homegrown Game
- Zach Scott Column: It's When I'm not Playing, I Appreciate our Fans Most
- Man United Legend Eric Cantona Arrested in London
- Messi Magic is Due to La Masia
- Heaps: There wasn’t much to be positive about
- Lesson Learned: Galaxy Holds off Furious Xolos bid
- Mesut Özil set to Miss North London Derby Against Tottenham
- Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner Drunk and Disorderly in Denmark
- Galaxy Take Narrow but Deserved Lead to TJ
- Extending Matt Hedges Contract No-Brainer for FC Dallas